Saturday, May 30, 2015

Fresh Dots and Petite Petals

Have you seen the new Stampin' Up! In Colors yet?  I've had a little bit of time to play around with them and I think my favorite (at least for now) is Watermelon Wonder.  I've loved Calypso Coral for a while and Watermelon Wonder seems to have the same vibrancy but just a bit more red in it.  Lately I'm finding that Soft Sky is becoming one of my go-to colors as well.  I have to be honest, I've had Soft Sky in my collection since it first debuted several years ago, then I dusted it off when it became a regular Stampin' Up! color, and I haven't used it much until the past few months.  Perhaps I was thinking it had to be used alongside pastel colors, but I'm quickly learning how great it goes with vibrant and bold colors as well!

I made this card to go with the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  I stamped the greeting with the Work of Art stamp set using Bermuda Bay ink.  I stamped flowers from Petite Petals in Crushed Curry and Watermelon Wonder and then punched them with the coordinating punch.  I added a little Bermuda Bay candy dot to the center of the middle flower.  To frame in my greeting, I layered it on Watermelon Wonder card stock and then onto some of the new Cherry On Top DSP.  I thought the colored dots were just so fun and summery (which was perfect for today's summery weather--the hottest day of the year so far)!  I textured the Soft Sky card stock with the Decorative Dots embossing folder and then layered everything onto a white card base.  I love this simple sketch because it focuses on the words but then adds a bit of pizazz around the greeting.

 Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Loving the look of the new SU! colours and how you have used them is beautiful. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete