Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Flowers For You

I just love Spring, and I think the older I get, the more I love it.  It's mostly because it means Winter is over, but I love seeing the flowers pop up, feeling the warmer air, not having to wear coats, and especially enjoying the longer daylight hours.  We've been so spoiled in our neck of the woods with Spring-like weather and above normal temperatures for several weeks already.  This week we've found ourselves at the park and outside a lot more than usual, and it's been fantastic.

What could be more fitting with this Spring weather (and it isn't even technically Spring yet) than a Spring card?  I used the new Mother's Love stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog.  I have the set in photopolymer and decided to cut the coloring part of the image (as opposed to the outline stamp).  I cut the stamp so that the flowers and leaves are separate, that way I can ink up each in different colors.  Sometimes I hesitate cutting my stamps (something just feels wrong about it) but on something like this I am SO glad that I did.  Where the set is photopolymer, I can easily just stick the parts back together on the block if I wanted to, but I can't think of when I'd want all of the parts stamped in the same color.  I stamped my outline in Basic Gray and then used Strawberry Slush and Wild Wasabi for the 2nd step.  I love how quick and easy 2-step stamps are.  I added some polka dot paper from the Backgrounds DSP stack in Strawberry Slush and then mounted it all on some Strawberry Slush card stock and tied some Smoky Slate 1/8" ribbon around it before adhering it to the Wild Wasabi card base (textured with the new Spring Flowers embossing folder).  I stamped the greeting and then cut it with my circles framelits and added a flower punched from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack.  To finish things off I added a little rhinestone jewel to the center of the flower.  Happy Spring!


  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment