Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Baby Lagoon

Two days in a row, I posted a card two days in a row!  That's pretty good considering it's been over a year since that has happened.  This blog is called "A Card a Day" and so I'll take it a day at a time and see what I can get done.  I'd love to have time to stamp and share a card every day, but I'll be realistic and say that I'll post when I am able to.  One of the reasons I had such a long absence from this blog was because I had a baby last year and so my stamping time was taken over by other things.  Daily life gets shaken up a bit when another little one is added into the mix.  It's taken a long time, but I feel like things are finally settling down a bit.  I hate to admit that I only stamped 2 cards the entire summer!  Two cards!  Luckily I have been trying to make up for that with stamping cards for the school silent auction in addition to stamping a few cards to add to this blog. 

This card is one I made just for fun (and to show on my blog).  No blog challenge, no set intention, just free creative stamping.  I used the new Pictogram Punches stamp set.  I ordered this set on my first order from the new catalog--new as in June, but new to me since I just mounted the set!  I decided to share some baby love and make a card that would be cute for a new baby or it could pass for any occasion.  I stamped the stars in Lost Lagoon and the moons in Hello Honey, both 2014-2016 In Colors.  I added a strip of the Backgrounds DSP stack along the edge and mounted it on Hello Honey before adding the ribbon.  Have you tried the new cotton ribbon?  I think I'm going to like it very much!  I mounted that panel on with Stampin' Dimensionals onto my Lost Lagoon card base that I embossed with the dots embossing folder.   Three of my favorite products are used on this card, stamps (of course), DSP stacks, and embossing folders.  If you haven't used them, go ahead and give them a try!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment