Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pacific Olive Papillon Potpourri

This morning I sat down with my daughter and we did a little stamping.  It's fun to have a stamping buddy and she loved making things with butterflies.  My husband asked how soon she can sign up to be a demonstrator, and I told him that she has to be 18, so we have quite a while to go :)  I love watching her create and can't wait to spend more stamping time with her.

I stamped this card to go along with the color challenge at Dynamic Duos this week.  The duo is Old Olive and Pacific Point.  I started with a white card base and added some Olive Patterns DSP for the background.  I stamped some Pacific Point butterflies and punched them out with the Elegant Butterfly punch before layering them on my 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" squares.  I popped them up a bit with some Stampin' Dimensionals.  I layered the squares onto some Pacific Point card stock and added some white 1/4" stitched grosgrain and layered that onto my card.  The "thinking of you" comes from the Sweet Essentials stamp set and is cut into a pennant shape with the help of my trusty Hexagon punch (punched on the sides).  I couldn't decide whether I should put the greeting above or below my butterflies, so my little helper decided for me.  I think she made a good choice!  It's nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of :)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun to have a stamping buddy! Your card is so pretty...I especially like the patterned butterflies.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pretty butterflies!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterflies! They look great on the layered squares! Fabulous use of the colours this week. Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete