Monday, September 9, 2013

Bold Midnight Curry Flowers

There are so many fun card challenges that I want to participate in and I just don't have the time.  So, this morning I decided to combine a couple of my favorites and this is the card I came up with.

I got my layout inspiration from the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and combined that with some color inspiration from Pals Paper Arts.  I love the bold colors together--Crushed Curry, Midnight Muse, and Early Espresso.  I stamped some flowers from the Flower Shop stamp set randomly and then layered that panel onto Midnight Muse and Early Espresso card stock.  I wanted to add more of the Crushed Curry color, so I textured a strip of it with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder and added that to the card.  I didn't want to overdo the bold colors, so I used a big panel of white on top of my Midnight Muse card base, that way I could also stamp my greeting from Sweet Essentials (using Early Espresso ink) without having to add another layer for the text.  To "tie" the card all together, I added some of my favorite 3/8" stitched satin ribbon in Midnight Muse.  Happy Monday!

PPA170


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a bright and happy card! I love the cheery flowers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brught and happy card, Shauna! Love the stamped flowers and the wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delightful card...it makes me smile just to look at it! Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete