Monday, January 21, 2013

Simple Sublte Garden

I'm finding a lot of uses for the new Secret Garden stamp set (found in the new 2013 Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog.  I like how the set offers both bold and outline images, so that you can really set the tone for your card.  Sometimes I combine the two types of images, but sometimes I want one or the other.  I wanted this card to be clean and simple, so I chose to use a couple of the outline images from the set. 

I stamped a smaller outline flower in Pool Party ink all over about half of my white panel.  I then stamped the largest outline flower in Soft Suede on top of those smaller flowers.  I used the Sassy Salutations stamp set for my greeting and stamped that in Soft Suede and then stamped one more small Pool Party flower on top of that.  I layered the panel onto Soft Suede card stock and then tied some Pool Party seam binding ribbon around that to create a division between the part that has flowers all over it and the blank part.  Finally I layered everything onto some Pool Party card stock.  The subtle colors along with the layout makes this a quick and easy card to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment