Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bright Heart Congrats

I'm finally back with another card.  Life just gets in the way of stamping and blogging sometimes.  Here's another card using the Hearts a Flutter set from the new Stampin' Up! 2013 Spring Catalog.  Can you tell that this is one of my favorite new stamp sets?  Sometimes I don't realize that I have a favorite until I've been stamping with new sets and then I realize I have way more samples with one set than I do with the others--like with this set!

I didn't make this card for a particular purpose, I just decided to sit down and create--no color suggestions, no layout, just create on my own.  I love these three colors together: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Pacific Point.  They are so bright and fun, and they add some boldness to help make this a more all-occasion card instead of just a Valentine's Day card.  In fact, I decided to use the "congratulations" stamp from the Sweet Essentials set so that I can use this for a wedding card sometime.  I stamped hearts all over my main panel and then layered it on Pacific Point card stock.  I then tied some of the new Melon Mambo striped organdy ribbon around it (I wish this ribbon came in more than 3 colors--I love it that much).  I put a pinking edge along the bottom of the Daffodil Delight layer (with the Finishing Touches Edgelits die) to play on the chevron pattern of the yellow hearts.  I stamped Melon Mambo hearts all over the Melon Mambo card base to give it a subtle pattern before adding my stamped panel and my word banner.  I hand-cut the banner and then added a heart that I cut out with the Hearts a Flutter Framelits die and popped it up with a Stampin' Dimensional. 

3 comments:

  1. I love this card, especially where the two hearts cross. Love the use of the primary colors! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, bright colors! Your stamping of the hearts made the perfect background! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun and happy card! Love those colors! Glad you joined us this time at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete