Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pop Out Pinwheels

Are you ready to see more new products?  This card doesn't show new stamps (it just shows the Sassy Salutations set), but it does show a new die for the Big Shot.  It's a little pinwheel sizzlit die.  The die cuts a pinwheel with pre-cut holes to put the brad through, and the pinwheel measures about 1-3/4" square.  I cut my pinwheels from some Patterns DSP (isn't it fun that the paper is double sided)!  I chose Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist for my main colors and then some Early Espresso as an accent.  These colors were the color challenge this week over at Splitcoast.  I decided that the white background needed some texture, so I used the Chevron embossing folder to add some "movement" to the card.  To get the chevrons to fill the whole background in the horizontal direction, the die isn't big enough.  I didn't find that a problem though because I wanted to leave the top of the background untextured so that I could stamp the greeting on it.  Are you excited for the upcoming Spring catalog so you can add some of the fun new products to your collection?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment