Friday, November 2, 2012

Topsy-Turvy Birthday Invitation

Thanks to those of you who went and voted for our little costume contest that I mentioned in the previous post.  So far we are in the lead and voting continues until the 7th, so hopefully we can keep that lead.

I wasn't able to sneak away and stamp today, but I did realize that I haven't posted this idea yet.  We celebrated a birthday in our home last month and I hand-stamped the invitations.  I wanted to keep it pretty simple since I was in a hurry to get the invitations out, but I had to make it cute since I'm a stamper, so this is what I came up with. 

I used the Topsy-Turvy Celebration set for all of the stamping--I love that the "Celebrate" comes with that set too.  I stamped my cake layers in Pretty in Pink, Wisteria Wonder, and Certainly Celery and used the coordinating papers.  The polka-dot paper is from the In Color Patterns DSP stack (I know surprise, surprise).  Have I convinced you that you NEED some of the Patterns DSP stacks?  What did I ever do without them?!  I stamped the celebrate on white card stock and then punched it with the modern label punch and then glued everything onto my card base that I textured with the perfect polka dot embossing folder.  In this case my card base is just a postcard with the party info pasted onto the back.  I figured a bunch of little girls wouldn't care if I just did a card front and not a full card.  Luckily, I just handed the invitations to the parents as we delivered them, so they weren't in envelopes.  When we were about finished passing them out, I realized that the last two didn't have the party info on the back.  I'm glad I noticed, and am especially glad that I didn't just shove them in envelopes.  If someone wasn't home, it would be awful to leave a cute invitation without any info because they wouldn't know what or who it was for.  I'm glad I caught it and I know we won't make that mistake again.  It was definitely something to laugh about!  Do you stamp your invitations?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment