Monday, November 5, 2012

Red Snowflake Trio

When Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Catalog debuted, I didn't think I "needed" another snowflake stamp set.  I have so many, most of which are retired so I can't demonstrate them anymore (but that doesn't keep me from collecting and occasionally using them for personal use).  After passing by the Snowflake Soiree stamp set several times, I was placing my second order from that catalog and decided that I should indeed add it to my snowflake collection.  I'm so glad I did! 

I loved the colors from the Pals Paper Arts color challenge this week--Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla.  I built this card from the ground up (meaning that I started with my card base and then my layers and then added the stamps very last.  I used the striped paper from the Regals Patterns DSP stack and mounted that on Riding Hood Red card base.  I textured my Crumb Cake card stock with the Chevron Textured Impressions folder and tied some Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon around it before mounting it on some Very Vanilla card stock. My snowflakes are stamped with Riding Hood Red ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and then punched with the 1-1/4" square punch, then those squares are mounted on red squares punched with the 1-3/8" square punch.  In the past I've had a tendency to stamp snowflakes in more traditional snowflake colors like white or blue, but this year I've gone away from the norm and have had a lot of fun stamping them in all sorts of colors.  I really like them with this color palette.

PPA 146 Nov 1 2012
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Very classy. Really like your card. I, too, really liked this color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the balance and simplicity of your card! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete