Monday, November 26, 2012

Polka Dots for Christmas

Christmas is less than a month away!  Are you getting ready?  We (okay, my husband) put up the Christmas lights on Thanksgiving.  My kids LOVE the Christmas lights and it is so fun to watch their excitement every time they see them, so I encouraged my husband to get them up so we could turn them on Thanksgiving night.  My husband is one of those guys who doesn't like Christmas music or Christmas lights on before Thanksgiving, so we settled for the first day he'd turn them on.  It's fun to take little drives around the neighborhood and listen to the kids' excitement over even the simplest light displays.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I am holding my annual Christmas Card Buffet where we'll be making a bunch of Christmas cards.  My intention is to have this class at the end of October each year, but this year the last month has really gotten away from me.  Oh well, at least it is happening before December!  This is one of the cards that people have the option of making.  I made one similar to this a few months ago, but I had to modify it so that I had the right supplies for the class.  I used the Scentsational Season stamp set for the tree and star and the Embellished Events set for the greeting.  Colors are Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, and Daffodil Delight.  I textured the background with (my favorite) Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to mimic the dots in the Christmas tree.  I also added some polka dot paper (another favorite) from the In Color Patterns DSP Stack and mounted that on some white that I punched the scallop trim border punch along.  I finished things off with the Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon around the pattern paper.  Happy 26th of November!!!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love your Christmas card; it's really adorable. I love how fresh and clean it looks. TFS.

    ReplyDelete