Sunday, November 4, 2012

Merry Snowflake

I'm trying to get in the Christmas mode with my stamping, but it seems that I keep reverting back to Fall (which only makes sense because it IS Fall).  I am needing to make a bunch of different Christmas cards so that I can plan my next stamping class, which I'm hoping will take place next week.  Here is a card that I might offer at the class, what do you think?

I used the Snowflake Soiree stamp set for both the words and the snowflake.  I stamped the Merry multiple times in Riding Hood Red and then just once in Garden Green to highlight it.  I then mounted my stamped layer on some Riding Hood Red card stock.  I stamped the large snowflake in Garden Green and then punched it out with the blossom punch--isn't that a cool use for it?!  I wanted the snowflake to stand out against the busy background, so I added a garden green punched blossom behind it.  I textured my card base with the petals-a-plenty textured impressions folder and then layered everything onto it.  Do you recognize this layout?  Check out this post.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I like it but I'd probably add some "bling". I'm into sparkle these days.

    ReplyDelete