Friday, November 23, 2012

Circles and Presents

Have you ordered from the Online Extravaganza yet?  I just LOVE some of the sets that are 50% off!!!  I have to admit that I was a little bummed that I just ordered a couple of the sets, like less a month before they were on sale, but I guess I've gotten some enjoyment out of them in that time.  Okay, confession, one of the sets has not even been used yet, but at least I took advantage of some of the others that I didn't already have.  My order should come on Monday so I'll have some new rubber to stamp with.

I made this card a couple weeks ago, before I knew about the sale.  I used one of my favorite birthday stamp sets--Patterned Party, which just happens to be on sale right now.  If you don't already have it, you should get it while it is HALF PRICE!  You can't beat that.  I came across some pre-cut card stock from one of my 2011 classes and decided that I ought to use it up.  I started out with the supplies from this card and then got busy stamping.  I stamped my presents in Marina Mist and layered them on the same colored card stock.  I added a strip of Marina Mist card stock to the inside edge of the card so that it would highlight my scalloped edge.  The patterns in the presents inspired me to add more patterns to my card, so I stamped a panel with stamps from the Circle Circus set in Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, and Basic Gray.  I mounted everything on my card base that I textured with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  Finally, I finished it of with a bit of seam binding ribbon.
 Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment