Thursday, November 15, 2012

Candy Cane Duo


I consider myself a "brights" girl when it comes to selecting colors to stamp with (Stampin' Up! has 4 color collections: brights, regals, subtles, and neutrals).  Most of the year the brights are my go to group of colors, they just make me happy.  Now that it is Fall and Christmas is coming, I am loving all of the color combos lately, and find that the regals mixed with neutrals are some of my new favorites.  My card here was made with Sahara Sand and Cherry Cobbler, the current combo of colors at Dynamic Duos.  I also combined those colors with the layout at Mojo Monday.

I textured my background with the Chevron embossing folder and then added a strip of paper from the Be of Good Cheer DSP pack.  I stamped the candy canes from the Scentsational Seasons stamp set and cut them with the coordinating framelits.  My greeting comes from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is stamped on crumb cake card stock then layered on cherry cobbler that I punched with the scallop edge punch before layering it on some white card stock (so that the cherry layer would stand out from the dsp paper).  I tied those layers together with some Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and added them to my card base.  Thanks to the fun blogs for the color and layout inspiration!  35 days until Christmas!



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely. ;-) The chevron background is such a fun touch behind the polka dots, and I love the candy canes & ribbon. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eye-catching card. I'm glad you used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp. I have the set and don't use it as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to go get some candy canes and put them in my coffee..yum. The chevron is such a great touch. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Those candy canes look so tasty. Love all your cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Love the clean, crisp look it has. Thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete