Sunday, September 16, 2012

Leaves and Acorns

I just ordered the Gently Falling set so that I could stamp some fun Autumn cards.  It's hard to believe the season is already upon us!  I made this card to participate in last week's Dynamic Duos challenge, but I didn't get it uploaded in time.  Oh well!  I still have it to share with you.  The challenge colors were Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze--both are perfect for fall.  Next I want to try using them in combination with a few other fall colors, but I limited myself to just the two since I thought I was going to be linking this card to the challenge. 

I stamped the leaves and acorns with the Gently Falling set in the two colors and then stamped the outline with Basic Black.  I wanted to fill in the white space, so I grabbed my color spritzer and spritzed some ink off my Cajun Craze Stampin' Write marker to speckle all over the layer.  My background papers are both from the Regals Patterns DSP stack.  Finally, I stamped the "friends" from Sweet Essentials, punched it with the oval punch, layered it with the scalloped oval punch, and layered both on the designer label punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment