Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Gingerbread Man

"Run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!"  Just thinking of that phrase makes me a little anxious to pull out my Christmas stories.  My husband grew up with the motto that there could be no Christmas music (or decorations, or probably stories) until after Thanksgiving.  While I generally agree that most of the decorating and celebrating should happen in turn with the other holidays, there is something special about Christmas that makes me want to think about it ahead of time.  I can't imagine if I couldn't stamp Christmas before Thanksgiving--that would mean that I probably wouldn't get any stamping done because things get so busy that time of the year!  Did you realize that there are less than 3 months until Christmas?  Time to get stamping!  I've starting picking up a couple of things here and there to get my shopping started.  Well, Christmas shopping and the birthdays in my family that are in the Fall/Winter seasons.  I've found that you have to get it when you see it because you may not see it again (and I've learned that the hard way).

I sure LOVE the current In Colors that Stampin' Up! released this year, especially Gumball Green and Raspberry Ripple.  They make a great pair for a bold Christmas combo, so I've used them on this card.  I stamped my gingerbread man from the Scentsational Seasons stamp set in Crumb Cake ink and then stamped the greeting from Embellished Events in Raspberry Ripple.  I then punched the images out with my 2-1/2" circle punch and mounted them on a scallop circle cut with my perfect pennants big shot die.  I took a couple pieces of In Color Patterns DSP and mounted them on white card stock (and punched one of the edges with the scallop edge punch to tie in my scallop circle).  I tied some Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon around the green one and then mounted it all on my Gumball Green card base that I ran through the Big Shot with the polka dot textured impressions folder.  Don't forget that you can get the stitched satin ribbon for FREE with a $40 order this month!  I thought this card would work well for the current challenge over at SUO Challenges--Kid Cards.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT Christmas card for a kid! That gingerbread man is just the CUTEST! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, that is just too cute...love the gingerbread man! (That story always scared me! lol!) Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the sentiment you paired with your image. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete