Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Patterned Flowers

Patterned paper (or Designer Series Paper) is a great addition to cards.  I love how it is an easy element to add but it seems to really help the card go together.  I decided to play along with this week's SUO challenge and do something different with my dsp on this card, so I mixed up my background.  I took strips from the Brights Patterns stack, the Floral District pack, and the Summer Smooches pack.  Each of these strips matched my colors--Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Tangerine Tango.  My stamped layer uses the Summer Silhouettes set and it then layered on all three layers of card stock and tied some Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain around it.  I stamped the "thank you" from Sassy Salutations and punched it with the Designer Label punch and raised it up a bit with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and happy card! Love the combination of papers. Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love all the oranges! How bright and cheerful. Thanks for entering this in the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Love how you combined all the different DSP together for a bright, cheery card. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just FABULOUS! Such a cheerful thank you card, and a perfect showcase for all the yummy DSP Stampin' Up! offers. Thanks for playing along this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, bright and festive. Sure to lift anybody's spirits. It did mine. Thank you so much for participating in our designer series paper challenge at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors - so summery! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete