Sunday, August 19, 2012

Primary Topsy-Turvy Cake

When I started making this card, I decided that I wanted to use the Polka-Dot Parade Designer Series Paper--I just love that pack of paper!  I picked the Real Red and Daffodil Delight pieces and layered them on their matching card stocks and added a scallop edge (done with my punch) along the bottom of the red.  I knew I needed a third color and wanted this to be a bright and fun card, so I went for a primary colors color scheme and chose Tempting Turquoise.  I wasn't trying to make a gender neutral or more "boyish" card, but that is how it turned out (I'm glad, most of my birthday cards are more feminine and I need some good boy cards!  I was going for kind of a circle theme, but the stripes on the turquoise patterns stack seemed to work well.  I used the labels framelits to punch out my stamped panel, but then cut of the top and bottom so that it was straight instead of pointy.  I stamped the cake from Topsy-Turvy Celebrations along with the "celebrate" from the same set.  Thanks for the fun sketch Stampin' Royalty!



2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! You totally got that sketch! I'm so glad you joined us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN! I totally smiled when i saw this card! Everything about it is fun and happy! love it! Thanks for playing along with us for this weeks Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete