Sunday, August 12, 2012

Papillon Blues

Last week I made this card and had some scraps of my stamped butterfly collage layer.  When I was cleaning off my stamp table (I had to, there was hardly any space to stamp), I found the scraps and instead of throwing them away, I figured I could use them on another card.  I wanted to join in on the fun with Freshly Made Sketches and realized that one of my scraps would be perfect.  I love it when one card can inspire another.

I chose to use Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, and Midnight Muse again for my color palette.  I stamped one of the butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri set onto Tempting Turquoise card stock with Midnight Muse ink.  I then punched it with the Elegant Butterfly stamp and layered it with the 1-3/4" circle punch, where I stamped the antennae.  That is layered on the 2-3/8" scalloped circle and the 2-1/2" circle.  I used a couple of scraps from the patterns dsp (brights and in colors) for my strips above my butterfly collage strip.  My Pacific Point layer is textured with the Elegant Lines embossing folder and is layered on white to help it stand out.  My base layer is Tempting Turquoise patterns dsp from the Brights stack mounted on Tempting Turquoise card stock.  There are a lot of layers on this card, but they are all pretty straight and simple--and a great way to use up little scraps of designer series paper (or stamped images)!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card. Beautiful colors, and I love that 'scrap' of your butterfly collage! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Shauna! Love the butterflies and those bright fun colours! Thanks for joining us this week Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow .... love the blues, what a fab job you have done here!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete