Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fall Flower Silhouettes

It seems like Fall is ages away.  Don't get me wrong, I love Summer, but I've had enough of the days of 90+ degree temperatures lately.  I'd love a few days of 70s and 80s, but I'm not quite ready for Fall and the associated constantly cooling temperatures.

The color combination I used on this card screams Fall to me.  At first I thought of making a Halloween card, but I decided to stretch myself a little and use it in a non-Fall way.  I chose the Summer Silhouettes set, seeing as I just started using it this past week and I'm having fun making card samples with it.  These two colors--Pumpkin Pie and Wild Wasabi are this week's Dynamic Duos.  I stamped my garden and then added the greeting from the Sweet Essentials set.  My white layer is punched on the right side with the scallop edge punch and is mounted on a piece of Pumpkin Pie Patterns Designer Series Paper (from the Brights stack).  I tied some stitched Wild Wasabi grosgrain ribbon around that layer and then mounted everything on my Pumpkin Pie card base.


5 comments:

  1. Love all the design elements you used to make your pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a delightful card, so bright and happy! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The solid flowers are gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design, love the scalloped edge and your ribbon trim. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos with your beautiful card! I love the bright happy flowers!

    ReplyDelete