Thursday, August 16, 2012

Earth Toned Butterflies

I've been having a lot of fun participating in color challenges lately--they really help me try out different combinations than I usually would.  This week's challenge over at Just Add Ink was to use Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, and Very Vanilla.  I decided to use the colors with my Papillon Potpourri set to give them kind of an "earthy" look.  I love the Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon that I just ordered and knew before I started the card that I wanted to use it on this card.  I made the scalloped circle butterfly by stamping directly onto green card stock and then punching it with the elegant butterfly punch, then layered it onto a 1-3/4" circle punch and finally onto the 2-3/8" scalloped circle punch.  My stamped panel is layered onto chocolate chip and then some garden green patterns dsp, garden green card stock, and finally on my Very Vanilla card base.  I think the earth toned butterflies are a fun change from my typical color combinations!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Shauna! The earthy colours have worked so well with your choice of stamp set - it's amazing how much extra 'mileage' we can get out of our stamps when we think outside the square, isn't it? So glad you could join us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I love the butterfly set and they look great stamped in our earthy challenge colours. Thanks for joining in with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely butterfly stamps and they look great in the Earthy colours. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've used the butterflies with our colours this week Shauna. It's a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at JAI.

    ReplyDelete