Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Sometimes the most important part of a card is what it says.  One of the first things I did with my Sassy Salutations set was to make some cards with the words and no other stamps.  I love the style of writing on this set, it works so well as the main focus of the card.  I think it also looks great in repetition like I did here.  This week's challenge over at The Paper Players is Wordsmith, so I thought it fitting to say thank you over and over again on this card.

I used Calypso coral, Daffodil Delight, and Lucky Limeade for my color scheme here.  The card base and the flower (punched with the blossom punch) are both textured with the petals-a-plenty textured impressions embossing folder.  I made the center with the 3/4" circle punch and put a printed In Color designer brad through the center.  The leaves are punched with the blossom petals xl punch.  I adhered the flower to my card with a Stampin' Dimensional so that it popped up a bit.


This week is Stampin' Up!'s annual convention, and I was sad that I couldn't make it this year, but a great friend of mine is taking some of my cards to swap.  I can't wait to see what fun ideas she comes back with.  I did a bit simpler version of this card for one of my swaps, so I hope the other swappers like it.

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Love how you used last week's colours. The embossed flower and stamped sentiment with one standing out is WONDERFUL! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I recognize those colors from last week too! Another super job! I hope your friend brings back some great swaps for you..what a good idea! Thanks for playing my "wordsmith" challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the repetition of the sentiment with one in a different colour - such an effective background! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete