Sunday, July 8, 2012

Polka Dots and Blossoms



I just can't get enough of my new Stampin' Up! sets.  I am about ready to order some new sets to add to my collection, but I keep finding great ways to use the handful of sets I ordered from the new catalog.  For this card I used the Betsy's Blossoms set and Sassy Salutations.  I came across a new sketch challenge that I'm sure I'll be following regularly now--Mojo Monday.  I love the layout from this sketch, and I love that I was able to create this card fairly quickly since the card layout was already decided.  I used the blossom punch on the large flower image and the 1/2 inch circle on the smaller flower to create the red center.  The thank you is punched out with the wide oval punch.  I only had limited time and wanted to participate in a couple of challenges today, so I used a color challenge along with this sketch.  My colors are Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso, which were inspired by the blog challenge over at Pals Paper Arts. I used the Polka Dot Parade designer series paper in Daffodil Delight and added a bit of white card stock punched with the scallop edge punch.  I decided to continue the polka dot theme with the 1/2" cherry cobbler scalloped dots ribbon.  Thanks for stopping by!

PPA138

2 comments:

  1. Love that sassy yellow with the the whimsical thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I too just love Mojo Monday and Palpaper arts layouts. They work so well with cards as well as scrapbook pages.

    ReplyDelete