Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fresh Flowers

Are you ready for another card idea using the promotional Reason to Smile stamp set?  Today's card is based on a this week's sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I wanted my color palette to be bright and fresh, so I chose Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, and Wisteria Wonder.  I used the polka dot textured impressions folder to emboss the dots on the card base.  The pattern papers come from the 2011-2013 In Color Patterns designer series paper stack.  I used the For You stamp from Itty Bitty Banners and cut it out with the Bitty Banners framelits in my Big Shot.  Finally, I tied a bit of Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon around the card to finish it off.  Hope you enjoy!  If you haven't participated in a sketch challenge before, give one a try.  I find that they are a great way to get the creative juices flowing without taking a bunch of time to come up with just the right layout for a card.


4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Shauna ... love the pretty colour palette and background embossing!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done Shauna! Love that new stamp set! The purple, green and yellow look fabulous together! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Shauna! I love he color combo - beautifully executed! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of colors! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete