Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Double Layer Cake

I love Summer!  Okay, I'm not crazy about the 100 degree days that we have, but I love the more carefree feeling and the long days and warm nights.  I find that when I'm stamping in the Summer, I have a tendency to use bright colors, which are my favorite!  I chose bright colors for this birthday card--Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight.  I used my Chevron Textured Impressions embossing folder on my card base then layered some pumpkin stripes dsp (from the brights patterns dsp stack) and the daffodil polka dot (from the Polka-Dot Parade dsp pack) on top of the base.  My stamped images all come from the Topsy-Turvy Celebration stamp set.  I cut out the flowers to stick on the cake and then continued the flower theme with the Boho Blossoms punch (with brads in the center).  My layout was inspired by this week's Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge.  

1 comment:

  1. Bright and beautiful - perfect for a birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete