Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sassy Candles

It's a new week and that means there is a new color challenge over on splitcoaststampers.com.  This week's challenge was to use Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze, and maybe a hint of Lucky Limeade.  I have to admit I wasn't crazy about this combo at first but it is really growing on me (I've made 3 cards with it today).  The colors are rich and definitely got me out of my comfort zone (I admit it's the first time I've opened Cajun Craze card stock) but I love a good challenge.  I actually made the background layers on this card first and then decided what stamp set I wanted to use.  The scalloped edge is made with the scallop trim border punch.  The greeting is from Sassy Salutations and is punched out with the Decorative Label Punch, but I had to modify it to make it be a larger label. They way I did it was I stamped it on a 1-1/4" piece of card stock and then I inserted one side of it through the bottom of the punch and punched, then I inserted the other side through the bottom. The candle flame is punched from the blossom petals punch (and then I cut it down a bit for the inner layer.  So this card has very little stamping, but it's a great use of punches and my favorite patterns designer series paper stacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment