Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bold Black Bicycle

I love Melon Mambo and Basic Black together!  I knew I'd love this week's Dynamic Duos challenge when I found out that these were the colors.   I looked at my stack of new Stampin' Up! sets to pick the right one to go along with the challenge, and I decided on the Moving Forward set (this year's Ronald McDonald House set).  I stamped the bicycle in black and then I added just a little splash of color by stamping the flowers in the basket.  I mounted some of the Melon Mambo Patterns DSP below my stamped image and then stamped the "thank you" from the Sassy Salutations set.  I finished that layer off with a bit of 1/8" black taffeta ribbon.  Once I layered that onto black and Melon Mambo card stock, I knew I wanted a white background.  I ran the card base through my Big Shot with the petals-a-plenty textured impressions folder to coordinate with the flowers in the stamped image.  I love that color challenges introduce me to new combinations, or in this case, remind me of old favorites!

7 comments:

  1. Funny bicycle! The embossed backround is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna this is adorable! Love the playful embossed flowers in the background and your sweet little tricycle. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Shauna, I like all the different design elements you used. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE the embossing pattern you used behind your main image panel! Perfect!! I like the striped DP too! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even notice that stamp set in the catalog, but after seeing your darling card...I need it!! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That embossing folder always add great texture to a card. Love the little bike image. Hope it comes our way. Thanks for playing along at DD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Shauna! love the fun textured background! So glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete