Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blossom and Bird Branch

This week's Dynamic Duos challenge (see here) uses River Rock and Always Artichoke.  I never realized how great these two colors go together....until now!  I know they would be great for a masculine card, but I still have my brand new sets sitting out on my stamping table and I can't get enough of them.  For this card, I used the Betsy's Blossoms set.  I stamped the large blossom in River Rock and then instead of keeping it the original circle shape, I punched it out with my blossom punch.  I also layered the smaller blossom in Artichoke (punched out with the 1/2 inch circle punch) and stuck a glimmer brad through it.  The blossom is attached to my card with a Stampin' Dimensional so that it pops out a little.  The bird is also stamped in River Rock and is stamped atop some artichoke branches.  The greeting comes from the Embellished Events set--a set with great bold images and nicely sized greetings.  I cut the greeting banner by hand.  The bottom layer of the card has a bit of patterns designer series paper in Always Artichoke.  I don't know what I'd do without that patterns dsp, I find myself using it almost ALL of the time.  I hope you enjoy my color challenge card.  Thanks Dynamic Duos for the great suggestion of colors!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, Shauna! I love your idea of punching out the large flower with the Blossom punch - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Shauna I like the little bird perched on the branch! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the color duo. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice design Shauna. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete