Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Black Tie Wedding

Here's another card where I used a greeting from the Embellished Events set.  The greetings in that set are the perfect size for the word window punch layered on top of the modern label punch.  This card is one that I made for last week's clean and simple challenge over on splitcoast.  I kept my color palate simple--just black and white with a hint of melon mambo for the hearts on the cake.  The cake is from the Make a Cake set.  I embellished the card with a bit of ribbon that I "ruffled" by running a strip of adhesive along the card stock and then I tried to pleat the ribbon as I stuck it down to the card.  I think it adds a fun texture to the card, one that I'll have to try out on other cards in the future.  The card base has polka dots on it that I did with the textured impressions folder in the big shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment