Thursday, July 28, 2011

Patterned Presents

I'm always on the lookout for a new birthday stamp set.  This year the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog delivered!  This card features one of the stamps from the new Patterned Party stamp set, and I can't wait to use the other stamps in the set as well.  I make a lot of different kinds of cards, but it seems that I use birthday and thank you cards more than any others.  This card could easily be made more masculine by changing out the colors and removing the ribbon (maybe substitute a strip of card stock or a piece of twine instead).  I inked up the present stamp with my Stampin' Write markers (Marina Mist and Pink Pirouette) so that I could have them be more than one color.  The dotted background was done with a textured impressions folder for the Big Shot (love those texture folders).  I punched a pink oval with the Window Punch after I stamped the "happy birthday" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set.  Happy unBirthday (or happy birthday as the case may be) to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment